Easing the tough conversations
Professional Mediation and Eldercare Services
John A. Rymers
Can Mediation Ease Your Tough Situation?
1. Is there disagreement regarding current or future care issues for the elders in your family?
2. Are you or other family members currently estranged from each other and/or the elders?
3. Would you describe the relationships between family members as “difficult”?
4. Are there conflicts about family finances?
5. Do emotions in the family get in the way of resolving issues?
6. Is there current or potential disagreement over the division of an elder’s property?
7. Are there some subjects your family just doesn’t talk about?
8. Do some family members keep secrets or withhold information from others?
9. Are there people other than the immediate family that contribute to the conflict?
10. Is there evidence of any physical, emotional &/or financial abuse of the elder(s)?
Located in Denver, Colorado